* CIA Officer Johnny Mike Spann - KIA Nov. 25th, 2001.
* Master Sgt. Jefferson Donald Davis - KIA Dec. 5th, 2001. 5th Special Forces Group
* Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Henry Petithory - KIA Dec. 5th, 2001 5th Special Forces Group
* Staff Sgt. Brian Cody Prosser - KIA Dec. 5th, 2001. 5th Special Forces Group
* Sgt. 1st Class Nathan Ross Chapman - KIA Jan. 4th 2002. 5th Special Forces Group
* The following were killed Jan. 9th 2002 in an air tanker crash in Pakistan: The pilot, Capt. Matthew W. Bancroft, 29, of Shasta, Calif.; co-pilot Capt. Daniel G. McCollum, 29, of Richland, S.C.; Gunnery Sgt. Stephen L. Bryson, 35, of Montgomery, Ala.; Staff Sgt. Scott N. Germosen, 37, of New York City; Sgt. Nathan P. Hays, 21, of Lincoln, Wash., Lance Cpl. Bryan P. Bertrand, 23, of Coos Bay, Ore.; and Sgt. Jeannette L. Winters, 25, of Du Page, Ill. All were based at the Marine Corps Air Station in Miramar, Calif.
* Killed January 20th 2002 in a helicoptor crash in Afghanistan: Staff Sgt. Walter F. Cohee III, 26, a communications navigations systems technician Sgt. Dwight J. Morgan, 24, from Mendocino, Calif., a helicopter mechanic. Marine Heavy Squadron 361
*On February 22nd, 2002 ten U.S. servicemen were killed in a military helicoptor crash while supporting action against the Abu Sayyaf terrorist group near Basilon island in the southern Philipines.
The eight soldiers were from the Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment "The Nightstalkers", based at Fort Campbell, Ky.
Maj. Curtis D. Feistner Capt. Bartt D. Owens Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jody L. Egnor Staff Sgt. James P. Dorrity Staff Sgt. Kerry W. Frith Staff Sgt. Bruce A. Rushforth Jr. Sgt. Jeremy D. Foshee Spec. Thomas F. Allison. The Air Force members were:
Master Sgt. William L. McDaniel and Staff Sgt. Juan M. Ridout
The two were Air Force para-rescuemen assigned to the 353rd Special Operations Group, based at Kadena Air Base in Japan.